[Mapserver-users] Compilation problems

Keith Campbell scoota at supanet.com
Sun Jan 25 16:50:29 EST 2004

Hi All,

After getting the configure to complete successfully, I've now got
problems compiling. When 'make' is entered, a whole screed of
information is output, similar to the following...

gcc -c -O2  -Wall -DIGNORE_MISSING_DATA  -DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_PROJ
-DUSE_PROJ_API_H
-DUSE_WMS_SVR  -DUSE_WFS_SVR      -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_WBMP
-DUSE_GD_FT   -DUSE
_OGR -DUSE_GDAL -DUSE_POSTGIS    -I/export/home/local/util/gd-2.0.15
-I/export/
home/local/util/proj/src
-I/export/home/local/util/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts -I
/export/home/local/util/gdal/ogr
-I/export/home/local/util/gdal/ogr/../port  -I/
export/home/local/include     maptemplate.c -o maptemplate.o
cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/export/home/local/inc
lude"
cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory

... repeated many times with slight variation until a section appears
listing 'undefined symbol' and the 'first referenced in file' location.
The symbols include the likes of  'GDALSetRasterColorTable'. The process
trips up at 'GDALGetColorEntryCount' in file './libmap.a(mapdrawgdal.o)'
with the message:-

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to shp2img
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

Any ideas what the cause of this is and what the solution may be? I know
the directories are non-standard, but that's not of my doing and
presumbly is allowable.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Keith