[Mapserver-users] scalebar params.

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Tue Jan 27 11:48:51 EST 2004

Quoting Steve Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>:

> In the dbox example I used the values for mapext to facilitate caching
> of scalebars. The logic is that that when panning why bother generating
> a new scalebar, one is valid wherever you move. So the javascript you
> mention below does just that. It looks at the overall dimension of the
> map relative to 0,0, and when panning the second two numbers don't
> change. Computationally it's the same as sending the raw extent. Granted
> generating a scalebar is trivial compared to a map, but every little bit
> helps I guess.
>
> The technique works fine for me here. Are you getting javascript
> errors? What version of MapServer?
>
> Steve
MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

No errors in the javascript console. Its been many years since I did any serious
js coding but as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the code itself.

Im using Mozilla 1.6a for my main browser. I tried clearing the cache to see if
it was related to that with no success either. Went so far as to manually remove
the cache files.

One thing to note is that in the demo even using my current data the scalebar
displays properly and updates accordingly.

Is there by chance a way that I can tell it in this js code to dump this file
right to my tmp dir that mapserver normally uses?

Jason.