[Mapserver-users] scalebar params.

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Tue Jan 27 16:09:15 EST 2004

Quoting Steve Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us>:

> Is your site publicly available? One other to try would be to simply
> change the javascript that creates the scalebar URL, using the real
> extent values instead of the computed extent. That will likely solve any
> caching issues.
>
> Steve
Unfortunately the site is not accessible via the internet yet. The ultimate plan
is to go that route but I do not have a place on the DMZ or a hosted machine etc.

    document.scalebar_miles.src = MapServer + "?map=" + ms.mapfile +
"&mode=scalebar&mapext="+ ms.extent[0] + "+" + ms.extent[1] + "+" + ms.extent[2]
+ "+" + ms.extent[3] + "&mapsize=" + ms.width + "+" + ms.height;

That seems to make the scalebar redraw each time. Think my scale is off but that
might be due to a unit issue I have. Ill check into it further and see what I
can find. They have me off doing half a dozen unrelated things here so I
apologize for the slow responses.

I appreciate the help and Ill get back with any further developements I discover.

-Jason.