[Mapserver-users] panning with jbox

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Tue Jan 27 15:15:14 EST 2004

Ryan, Adam wrote:

> Hi.
>

> In the jBox.java file there is a note: "October 2003: added drag
> functionality for panning", but the documentation at
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/jbox-howto.html doesn't discuss image
> panning.  Can anyone demonstrate how this is done?

Looks like I have some updating to do in the HOWTO, thanks for reminding me.

It's pretty simple. You turn panning on with "dragon()" For example:
    document.jBox.dragon();
This turns box drawing or line drawing off (if either were currently on)
When the user drags the mouse within the applet map area, the image is
dragged (panned) and appropriate coordinates are provided to a mapserver
submit.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com