[Mapserver-users] jBox ANNOUNCE

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Tue Jan 27 22:57:45 EST 2004

A new version of jBox is now available for download from the Contributed
Utilities page.
    http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/contributed.html

It has two bug fixes and minor enhancements:

Bug Fixes:

#1 was discussed recently on this list and is entirely my fault - I had
compiled the previous jBox zip archive with a version of the Java
compiler that caused it to be incompatible with Microsoft IE when using
Microsoft's Virtual Machine. My apologies for this screw up.

#2 was provided by Wim Blanken and fixes a problem with the "measure
tool" when jBox is run within a frame.

Enhancements:

1. The "measure tool" now returns a calculated area in addition to distance.

2. Jar files are now included in the jBox.zip distribution. These are an
alternative to using the classes and may provide a slight performance boost.

3. There is now a jBox.version() function which

The documentation has not yet been updated.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com