[Mapserver-users] jBox ANNOUNCE

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Jan 28 14:40:19 EST 2004

Palanisamy, Giri wrote:

> HI Richard,
>
> How can I include the jBox.jar file, I have placed the jar file under
> C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\java\jBox\
>
> And in my demohtml file I call the applet as
>
> <applet codebase="/java/jBox" code="jBox.class" width="600" height="600"
> name="jBox.jar" MAYSCRIPT>
> </applet>
>
> (I also tried changing code="jBox.jar")
>
> I am getting the following applet load error
>
> load: class jBox.class not found.
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jBox.class
> 	at
> sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:153)
>

> Thanks for your time
>

> Giri

You need to add the following attribute into the the <applet> tag:
    archive='jBox.jar'
For example:
    <applet codebase='/java/jBox'
            code='jBox.class'
            archive='jBox.jar'
            width=[mapwidth]
            height=[mapheight]
            name='jBox' MAYSCRIPT>
       <param other parameters)>
    </applet>"

The .jar file(s) should reside in the '/java/jBox' directory in this
example. The .class files no longer need to be on the server.

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com