[Mapserver-users] Projection Systems question

Amit S BEHERE abehere at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 29 13:43:39 EST 2004

Hi,
I found a very interesting thing. I did change the contrast so that I can
debug. I can see one teensy tiny tree that moves around if I change the
extent slightly. However I see only that one tree when I should see a
bunch of trees. Also The tree is a very tiny dot on screen. Even if I
change the MINSIZE on the class for the layer it doesnt help the map file
is attached below. Could it be a problem in the shape file (it opens up
fine in ArcView though, thats how I got the extent)

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT         383778 3760227 389212 3763677
  SIZE           400 300
  SHAPEPATH      "data"
  IMAGECOLOR     0 0 0

PROJECTION
 #   "proj=laea"
  #  "ellps=clrk66"
   # "lat_0=45"
    #"lon_0=-100"
  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  "init=epsg:26911"
  #
  END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS
  LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
    NAME         vernon_trees
    DATA         vernon_trees
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         POINT

    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:26911"
    END

    CLASS
      COLOR        255 255 255
	MINSIZE      300
    END
  END # States polygon layer ends here
  # End of LAYER DEFINITIONS -------------------------------

END # end of map file/object

Amit Behere.
UCSD.
"Technology doesn't make your life more difficult or easy, it just changes
the rules"......Vishwanathan Anand