[Mapserver-users] WAY off forum topics --- Mexico image?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Jan 30 04:53:13 EST 2004

Howard Mark wrote:

>An associate needs an image of Mexico. Need not be hi-res - just 1024x768 for the country is fine.
>Georeferenced would be even better.
>Anyone got such a beast?
>TIA
>Mark

Hi,
we got something like that (digital elevation), it has been provided by:

http://www-cger.nies.go.jp/grid-e/gridtxt/grid1.html
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/topo/globeget.shtml

We have optimized it a little for UMN MapServer, it is georeferenced and
you can have it in TIFF, PNG, with highcolor or 256, compressed or
uncompressed. We don't get it smaller than around 2.5 MB, does your
email account take that? Else we can put it somewhere to download, just
give us notice.

You can have a look at it online on our wms server:
http://wms.ccgis.de
You find the project behind the link "Middle America" (the basis for an
archaeological project, the alphanuermical data is still beeing
processed). Activate the layer "Elevation Model".

Regards, Arnulf.