[Mapserver-users] I have some landsat 7 data that I want to tile : overlap + transparency

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 30 17:31:15 EST 2004

Stephen Clark wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have some landsat 7 data that I want to tile but the scenes overlap.
>
> Can I use some sort of command that can be added to the "gdaltindex"
> command to add a transparency value to these scenes so that the overlap
> areas can show through.

Stephen,

Do all the images have the same background value?  If so, use it as the
offsite value for the whole layer and it will be used with all the images.
The other alternative is to store the tiles in a format for which GDAL
recognises "nodata" values, but this isn't very convenient to arrange.
There is no way to include nodata values in the raster tile index.

Best regards,