[Mapserver-users] I have some landsat 7 data that I want to t ile : overlap + transparency

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Fri Jan 30 17:59:39 EST 2004

Hi Stephen,

What are your requirements for using the Landsat 7 Orthoimagery in
MapServer?

The CCRS WMS has the entire Landsat 7 Orthorectified Imagery collection,
which is on GeoGratis, available as OGC:WMS:

Layer name: L7O_B743:CEOWARE2

Note that this layer is also timestamped, i.e. you can query via TIME in
OGC:WMS also.  The scenes' black areas are transparent.

Just thought it'd be easier to point to an OGC:WMS of this data rather than
roll your own.

Another comment: I'd be interested, as a separate exercise, how MapServer
deals with overlapping images in a given layer.  What kind of algorithm is
done between scenes which overlap?

Thanks

..Tom

Tom Kralidis