[Mapserver-users] I have some landsat 7 data that I want to tile : overlap + transparency

Stephen Clark stephen.clark at focus.ca
Fri Jan 30 18:51:48 EST 2004

Frank,

My landsat data is from the Geogratis web site :

http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/download/landsat_7/ortho/geotiff/utm/

Specifically these three scenes as example:

http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/download/landsat_7/ortho/geotiff/utm/047021/
http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/download/landsat_7/ortho/geotiff/utm/048021/
http://geogratis.cgdi.gc.ca/download/landsat_7/ortho/geotiff/utm/049021/

I compressed the files to ECW and produced this layer:

LAYER
  NAME landsat_048_021_rgb
  DATA "d:/datasets/imagery/landsat/ecw/048021_0100_990804_l7_743_utm10.ecw"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  TRANSPARENCY 60

  # turn off the black background in the image files
   OFFSITE 0 0 0
END

>Do all the images have the same background value?   YES -- they do.
There is a residual amount of black fuzziness around the scenes after using
the above OFFSITE command.

Here is a LAYER file for the tiled index of Landsat scenes:

LAYER
  NAME landsat_tile
  TILEINDEX "d:/datasets/imagery/landsat/landsat_index.shp"
  TILEITEM "location"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  TRANSPARENCY 60

  # turn off the black background in the image files
  OFFSITE 0 0 0

  METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "Lansdat 7 Imagery "
    WMS_ABSTRACT "N/A"
    WMS_SRS "EPSG:26910"
  END

END

But this tiled layer does not have any transparency.  How would I fix this?

thanks
Stephen