[Mapserver-users] Is there a problem with WMS getCapabilities with VERSION=1.1.1?

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Wed Jul 7 03:39:28 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I read in the docs that WMS version 1.1.1 is supported in MS 4.2. When I
change the requests which worked with 1.1.0 I get a problem with the
output of the getCapabilities request.

The XML looks fine but it is cut off at a indefinite point. I tested
this also for the getMap request and there version 1.1.1 works fine. I
tested different mapfiles with getCapabilities and I can't see a reason
in the mapfiles.

Could that be a problem with the web server - that it stops transmission
before the XML is complete? Or even the mapserver itself?

Did anyone try the getCapabilities request with version 1.1.1? Was the
output OK?

Any comments or hints would be nice.

Regards,
Norbert