[Mapserver-users] What doesn't MapServer do?

Bill Stephenson bills at secureshopper.com
Mon Jul 19 13:50:46 EDT 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, at 7:57 AM, Arnulf Christl wrote:

> cool summary!. Nothing much to add <snip>

I agree! And a big "Thank You" to all that replied.

> So the question would rather be "What else beside MapServer do you
> need to do xxx?". Whatever it is, you will find it out there. <snip>

I presented the replies to the dev team reviewing MapServer and the
only question I can't seem to nail down a solid answer for is this:

"What is the availability of a coordinate geometry (COGO) tool for
mapping metes & bounds from legal descriptions?"

Is anyone aware of a COGO package that could be linked to MapServer?

It seems to me that this is what PostGIS and Shapelib might help
handle, but there is a lot to absorb here and I'm very much a GIS
novice so any help with this would again be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Bill Stephenson