[Mapserver-users] EOS Satellite Fire Detections for North America as WMS Server

John Norton jnorton at redcastleresources.com
Mon Jul 19 16:06:25 EDT 2004

I set up a WMS service for MODIS fire detections that we collect from a variety of sources around North American along with our satellite ground station in Salt Lake City. The URL for the service is http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/wms/wms.asp
A client called and said that MapInfo was reporting that the service is returning HTML only. However, I used the GetCapabilities and Getmap and they provide what I would expect (XML without warnings/errors and an image). Is there something strange about MapInfo? I pretty much followed the HOW-TO http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc42/wms-server-howto.html for setting this up and I hijacked the asp script to abstract the map file connection...thanks to whoever for that one...I will probably rewrite in php before I announce the resource on the main part of our website. Our activefiremaps web site also uses mapscript (thanks DM Solutions) for daily incident maps...I hope I made the appropriate credits.
Cheers
John Norton
--
Cheers