[Mapserver-users] more on: Logical expressions in CLASS EXPRESSION

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 26 15:48:50 EDT 2004

You should probably share the mapfile and at least the dbase file to
help debug
this.

On the query/legend issue. Legends don't consider whether a class is
actually
present in the map, nor do they examine the validity of an expression.
They
are built by simply looping through layers and classes.

Steve

>>> "Stefanie Weykam" <sweykam at teleline.es> 7/26/2004 12:01:37 PM >>>
Thanks Gerry and Norbert,

I can't see the difference in syntax ore anything that I have left
out.
OK, CLASSITEM or no CLASSITEM doesn't matter as long as the field name
is
specified in the EXPRESSION - class doesn't show up anyway (it does,
though,
in the legend!)

If I use EXPRESSION '1' for one class and EXPRESSION ([Riq50] >2) for
the
other, one shows up and the other doesn't.

Problem is not due to any error in MapScript, as I get the same results
(say
no results) doing it with MapServer directly. No difference between
MapServer 4.0.1. and 4.2 either....

What else can be wrong??

Couple of days ago, somebody mentioned that his query didn't appear in
the
map but in the legend - what was the reason in the end?

Stefanie