[Mapserver-users] Need Urgent Help with PROJECTION parameters

Ishrar Hussain ishrarh at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 08:05:45 EDT 2004

I need the appropriate PROJECTION parameters in
mapserver for BTM Projection System. The followings
are all the info that I have about the BTM Projection
System:

  Bangladesh Transverse Mercator (BTM) Projection.
(ISPAN 1992)

  ELLIPSOID : Everest 1830
  PROJECTION : Transverse Mercator
  CENTRAL MERIDIAN : 90o E
  FALSE EASTING : 500,000 m
  FALSE NORTHING : -2,000,000 m

I believe this will be enough to formulate the
parameters of the PROJECTION object of mapfile.

I'm on a project that urgently needs of this code of
how to put the above information of this projection
system in the PROJECTION object of mapfile, and/or in
the parameters of ms_newprojectionobj() function of
PHP/MapScript.

I will be very much obliged, if anyone can help me
with the appropriate parameters for the above
projection system.

Looking forward to your response.
Thank you.

Regards,