[Mapserver-users] Join definition problems

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Jul 28 17:33:03 EDT 2004

Mark Adams wrote:
> I’m having trouble with retrieving data from joins between a shape file
> and 2 DBF’s with related data. I’m not getting any errors, but MapServer
> does not seem to be returning any data from the joins either. I’m not
> 100% sure about the join syntax as there is conflicting (and sparse)
> information on the web about this. Can someone tell me if I’ve got
> something wrong? We’re using MapServer and PHP MapScript 4.2, and not
> using templates.  THX

I use joins with CGI, not MapScript, so I don't understand how you are
retrieving the data, but I know you do have to prefix a joined field
name with the join name. For example, if your WWR table had a field
named  DEPTH, then using your join named "wwr" you would access the
DEPTH filed as wwr_DEPTH.

Regards,
--
Richard Greenwood