[Mapserver-users] Symbol - GIF pixmap - parsing problem

Jenu Abraham jenu_ab at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 1 12:47:44 EDT 2004

i'm facing a very peculiar problem

when i was testing Symbol Pixmap ...everything worked fine with a gif file
"north.gif" which i had downloaded from an example for mapserver...

now i tried to develop my own image of a comapss . I converted it to
"north.gif".
When i tried to run this.....it gave a
"loadsymbol().Unable to access file. Parsing error near(my image path)"

when i again used my old image it worked

can somebody tell me why.?
I haVE CHECKED the image does exist at the path....

jenu