[Mapserver-users] GRID problems

Martin Weinelt mweinelt at planiglobe.com
Tue Jun 1 13:02:57 EDT 2004

Dear list,

last couple of days I tried to add a geographic grid to maps of the
following projection: geographic, LAEA north pole, LAEA south pole,
Mercator.

While it went fine with the lon/lat maps I am facing problems with the
projected maps. For both of the polar aspect maps, the central parts
of the maps (around the poles) either get no graticule or the CGI
crashes while trying to render the map. With the Mercator map
erroneous meridians get rendered from the northen map boundary to the
center of the projection (0/0). Zooming to this center sometimes also
crashes the CGI. Obviously the problem is to project the grid in
special (projection dependent) parts.

Am I missing s/thing or can somebody comment on my problem?
The following is an example of my mapfiles for the LAEA North
projection - the others are similar.

### MAP: #####
PROJECTION
  "proj=laea"