[Mapserver-users] Query Raster Layer for Pixel Values

John Norton jnorton at redcastleresources.com
Tue Jun 15 02:07:07 EDT 2004

Sorry I missed the meeting in Ottawa. Frank W. probably discussed
querying raster layers in his workshop. Basically, I would like to a
query a raster layer (8 bit or 16 bit if possible) with a bounding
rectangle or possibly a user selected/defined shape and apply a function
to each of the pixel values, eg find the average value. Or could a query
just return a vector with the pixel values. I don't need the spatial
location for each, just the DN value. Any ideas how this may be done
with MS or where might I start?
Thanks
John Norton
Remote Sensing Applications Center