[Mapserver-users] WMSClient and libcurl

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 17 00:13:19 EDT 2004

Jin-Yong Choi wrote:
>   I'd like to compile MapServer for wmsclient.
> While trying to run configure, I met the error follows.
> I tried to run configure with curllib 7.12.0, as it was same.
> Could you tell me how I can solve the problem?
> Thanks.
> ./configure: ../curl-7.10.8/curl-config: bad interpreter: Permission denied
> ./configure: ../curl-7.10.8/curl-config: bad interpreter: Permission denied
>                  found libcurl version
> configure: error: libcurl version 7.10.1 or more recent is required.

The error above seems to suggest that the shell interpreter that the
curl-config script tries to use doesn't exist.  Perhaps make sure that
/bin/sh exists on your system (this is what curl-config normally uses).

Also, did you do a "make install" to install curl in /usr/local?  You
may run into problems if you try to compile/run with libraries that have
not been properly "installed" in the system directories.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca