[Mapserver-users] Other MapServer mailing lists

Michael Cortez mcortez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 03:13:54 EDT 2004

> - The different lists should be created by the theme like (as you said)
> "mapscript", "postgis and wms specific", perhaps "raster data".

Having been on some mailing lists in other industries that tried to
split, doing so along skill levels has always lead to the creation of
a bunch of dead lists...

But splitting along clearly defined sub-categories has worked well,
particularly if that subject gets a lot of messages.

I'm realatively new here, about 6 weeks or so, but based on what I've
seen I'd suggest these additional lists:

* Map Script -- anything to do with PHP/Perl mapscripting.  There
seems to be quite a lot of traffic on this area to sustain a list.

* Finding Data -- Queries about where to find data

* Windows Specific -- anything that is specific to windows only, such
as binary builds, or configuring IIS, etc.  I'm on Gentoo and haven't
found much of these messages to be helpful...

Just another 2cents,
--
Mike Cortez
Fullerton College