[Mapserver-users] unable to affect HTML legend via URL arguments to map file elements

Emilio Mayorga emiliom at u.washington.edu
Sun Jun 20 02:57:20 EDT 2004

I'm trying to impact the output of an HTML legend by using URL CGI
arguments. For example, if in my map file there is a layer with these
elements:
NAME  "countries"
GROUP "political"
I want to change the group to "admin" on the fly using this URL CGI snippet:
&mode=legend&map_countries_group=admin

However, the HTML legend seems to be completely unresponsive to changes
passed via the map_<layer name>_<layer subelement> syntax (I've tried
various changes). Is that so, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help! Cheers,

Emilio Mayorga
Central American Ecology & Environment
garrobo.org