[Mapserver-users] problem adding north arrow to map

Mark Adams markadams at cuestasys.com
Wed Jun 23 10:10:34 EDT 2004

I've tried having the symbol in a symbol file, as well as in the map
file; same result. Executing mapserv -v indicates support for GIF output
(I'm using the standard windows binary PHP mapscript 4.2 package), and
as I said I've had success displaying the symbol with regular layers,
but not with this feature layer. I do have it as the last layer in the
map file. I've tried removing all other layers from the map file except
the north arrow feature layer, it still doesn't show.

For what it's worth, here's a further oddity. The layer shows in my HTML
legend if I set status to ON - that is to say the layer *name* shows in
the legend, but not the symbol. Again, if I use this symbol in a
different layer (I used it on a line layer for example), it displays on
the map, and in the legend.

Mark Adams
Business & Systems Analyst
Cuesta Systems Inc.