[Mapserver-users] EntityNames Layer !!

Dharani Babu dharanibabus at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 08:08:23 EST 2004

Hi all ,
    I have a specific problem in rendering the Entity names of TIGER based
maps. I directly render the TIGER files ( credit Tyler Mitchell) using
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR in MAP file but I am short of knowledge over the way I
can render the "names of the cities ,,landmarks etc " Using ogrinfo I am
able to list the Layers available in the TIGER files .. I hope the
"EntityNames" layer is the one that contains the names ( or is it labels ?)
of locations right ? This is the LAYER definition I use with MAP file
LAYER
GROUP tigerdata
NAME tiger1
TYPE LINE
STATUS DEFAULT
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "C:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/demof/data/rm"
DATA "CompleteChain"
CLASS
SYMBOL "circle"
SIZE 1
COLOR 200 0 0
END
END

LAYER
GROUP tigerdata
NAME tiger5
TYPE POINT
STATUS DEFAULT
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "C:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/demof/data/rm"
DATA "Landmarks"
CLASS
SYMBOL "circle"
SIZE 4
COLOR 0 200 0
END
END

LAYER
GROUP tigerdata
NAME tiger9
TYPE POINT       <------------- may be error here also
STATUS DEFAULT
CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "C:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/demof/data/rm"
DATA "EntityNames"
CLASS
SYMBOL "circle"         <------------- definetely error here
SIZE 1
COLOR 0 0 200
END
END

Now I am able to render the "CompleteChain " and "Landmarks " thats ok . The
map comes clean . but here at the Last LAYER I am adding "EntityNames " but
I am not able to check weather its correct or not to mention SYMBOL "circle"
for this LAYER .And I am not getting any names displayed on map also . Hope
some of u could advise me on this......

With regards and thanks in advance
dharani