[Mapserver-users] Problem with dbox DHTML displaying layers

Ellenbecker, Larry LEllenbecker at co.winnebago.wi.us
Mon Mar 1 12:48:14 EST 2004

Hi!

I'm having a problem displaying my shapefile layers when trying to us
the dbox DHTML interface.  I can get the demo to work but cannot get my
shapefiles to work unless I reproject the files.  Here is what I
have found.

My shapefiles are in Wisconsin Stateplane NAD83 Southern Zone 4803 (feet).
I can get the demo to work with my date if I change the projection to UTM
or Nad83 (meters).  The map extent for one of my NAD83 (feet) shapefiles
would typically be:

NAD83 (feet)
EXTENT 2198000 675000 2450000 840000
In UTM the extent would be:
EXTENT 348550 4860950 387890 4900550

I had come to the conclusion that the JavaScript code that converts
the pixel offset to real coordinates for zoom was not able to calculate
when the min-x is greater the the min-y.  I don't know if this is a cbe
issue
or if there is some other explanation.

I thought about using Proj.4 reprojection but I could only find parameters
for
State Plane NAD 83 (meters).  I don't want to reproject all my shapefiles so

for the moment I'm stuck.  I would really like to use dbox so any insights
into
this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Larry L. Ellenbecker
Winnebago County WI