[Mapserver-users] Problem with dbox DHTML displaying layers

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Mar 1 18:43:13 EST 2004

Are you using the mapserv.js code as well or just dbox.js? There's
nothing (that I'm aware of) in the javascript that would care about the
issue you mention. Mapserv.js does assume you're using meters but that
can be overridden. There is a global javascript variable called
InchesPerMapUnit that you need to set correctly if not using meters. For
feet you'd set it to 12. If you're setting minscale/maxscale with
mapserv.js then this may be the problem. Let me know if not.

Steve

>>> "Ellenbecker, Larry" <LEllenbecker at co.winnebago.wi.us> 3/1/2004
11:48:14 AM >>>
Hi!

I'm having a problem displaying my shapefile layers when trying to us
the dbox DHTML interface.  I can get the demo to work but cannot get
my
shapefiles to work unless I reproject the files.  Here is what I
have found.

My shapefiles are in Wisconsin Stateplane NAD83 Southern Zone 4803
(feet).
I can get the demo to work with my date if I change the projection to
UTM
or Nad83 (meters).  The map extent for one of my NAD83 (feet)
shapefiles
would typically be:

NAD83 (feet)
EXTENT 2198000 675000 2450000 840000
In UTM the extent would be:
EXTENT 348550 4860950 387890 4900550

I had come to the conclusion that the JavaScript code that converts
the pixel offset to real coordinates for zoom was not able to
calculate
when the min-x is greater the the min-y.  I don't know if this is a
cbe
issue
or if there is some other explanation.

I thought about using Proj.4 reprojection but I could only find
parameters
for
State Plane NAD 83 (meters).  I don't want to reproject all my
shapefiles so

for the moment I'm stuck.  I would really like to use dbox so any
insights
into
this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Larry L. Ellenbecker
Winnebago County WI