[Mapserver-users] MapServer and postgis using views

Dirk Geschwandtner dg at mapmedia.de
Tue Mar 2 05:33:04 EST 2004

At 07:56 02.03.2004, you wrote:

>Browsing is fine. Queries, however, result in an empty html message output.
>
>When I do not work with a view but read directly from the table with the
>mapfile entry
>
>DATA "pgpoly from axflst"
>
>the query seems fine.
>
>Did I miss something in dealing with views?

Hello Hubert,
have you inserted the geometry column of the view into the geometry_columns
table?

To perform queries on the view you have to insert  a line containing the db
name, the name
of the view, the name of the geometry column, the dimension of the column,
an srid and the geometry
type of the column in the view.

Hope this helps,
         Dirk