[Mapserver-users] WMS Problems...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Mar 2 18:37:42 EST 2004

Hi Folks: I'm running into a few WMS issues that perhaps others have
witnessed (this is all MapServer 4.0, w/GDAL and Proj):

- In a GetCapabilties request (version 1.1.1) tiff is showing up as an
output format even though a tiff output format is not set. GetMap
requests wanting tiff output subsequently fail. Seems to work (I get a
file and not an error) if I add a tiff output format. For some reason I
thought there was a default tiff format but if so it ain't working.

- In a GetCapabilties request (version 1.0.0) I can't seem to extend
the list of output formats by defining more of them in the map file. I
always and up with the 4 standard GD formats, but at least tiff ain't
there. ;-)

- How would one advertise the ability to create DIFFERENT tiff formats?
(e.g. 8-bit vs. 24-bit) For many databsets it makes sense to use one or
the other. I've tried creating 2 output formats but that doesn't seem to
have any effect, nor can I or a user choose one.

Steve