[Mapserver-users] Customize style in WMS layers

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 2 16:08:55 EST 2004

Hi,

SLD is used for this purpose. But the remote WMS server must then support
the SLD WMS interface, which you should be able to deduct from its
GetCapabilities interface.

Normally a GetMap request is accompanied by an SLD document (by URL or
with SLD_BODY, see OGC spec for exact details) in order to influence the
style/symbology in which a layer will be drawn.

Examples can be found on the Wiki:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SLDMapServer

Best regards,
Bart