[Mapserver-users] Customize style in WMS layers

we wei mapgisnewbies at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 14:51:27 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have a question about customize style for WMS layers
which I tried to add to my CWC2 demo.  I want to
modified  symbols, color, or fonts on WMS layers which
I imported from other WMS servers.  Will it be
possible to do this?        I just wonder if SLD is
used for modifying WMS layers' style.  If it is so,
could anyone give me an example on how to use it or if
I need any thing on client-side or server-side in
order to make it work?  If SLD is not used in this
way, what is the proper way to make this work?  Any
help would be greatly apprectiate :)

Thanks in advance!