[Mapserver-users] WFS Layer Problem

Keith Campbell scoota at supanet.com
Tue Mar 2 19:10:35 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a map file to serve up a WFS layer. I think I've
set all the metadata tags specified in the HOWTO but I get a GIF output,
not GML. I'm using v4.0 on Windows. Here's the mapfile:-

MAP
  DEBUG TRUE
  NAME "FIRST"
  SHAPEPATH "F:\CDS Project\Mapping\shp\"
  EXTENT 270000 180000 290000 200000
  SIZE 600 600
  UNITS METERS
  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "F:\CDS Project\Working\Dev\MapServer\tmp\"
    IMAGEURL "/CDSproj/Dev/MapServer/tmp/"
        LOG "F:\CDS Project\Working\Dev\MapServer\MapServer.log"
    METADATA
      "wfs_title"                  "WFS Demo - CDS Project"
      "wfs_onlineresource"
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_40.exe?map=F:/CDS%20Project/Working/Dev/MapServer/firstWFS.map"
      "wfs_srs"                   "EPSG:27700"
      "ows_schemas_location"
"http://ogc.dmsolutions.ca/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd"
    END
  END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS ---------------------------------------------
  LAYER # UrbanAreas polygon layer begins here
    NAME UrbanAreas
    DATA UrbanAreas
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POLYGON
        DUMP TRUE

    CLASS
      STYLE
        COLOR 232 232 232
        OUTLINECOLOR 32 32 32
      END
    END
  END # UrbanAreas polygon layer ends here
  # End of LAYER DEFINITIONS -------------------------------
END # end of map file/object

Can anybody see what else needs to be added to force the output to GML?

Thanks,

Keith