[Mapserver-users] Mapserver as WMS server issues

Tomko tomko at gku.sk
Wed Mar 3 11:12:26 EST 2004

Dear List,
Just few questions related to the behavior of the UMN as a WMS compliant
server (I am using the windows binary release 4.0.1)

- it states that the version is 1.1.0. Is the 1.1.1 version of WMS going
to be supported in the new release of UMN (4.1)?

- PROJ - I am using EPSG 4156 datasets (Czech and Slovak Republic). It
has empty values in the Proj release coming with the Mapserver download.
Can I
a/ simply add the values as stated in the EPSG database (EPSG.org) in
the epsg file... Is this possible?

Is it possible to download a new version of PROJ from the remotesensing
website (ok, I did not check if it contains the values, but in
principle) and just copy it to c>/ as done until now, or do I have to
install (binary release) or compile it with mapserver???

Last WMS related question:
In the wiki WMS part, it is stated that I should test the capabilities
of my server with the following statement (I substituted my values)

http://tomko/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/programy/apache/apache2/htdocs/m
aplist/maplist.map&GetCapabilities

Which of course doesn't lead anywhere. I thing that the query should be
(a functional one):

http://tomko/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/programy/apache/apache2/htdocs/m
aplist/maplist.map&request=GetCapabilities

So we should probably correct the part in the wiki.

/oh, to mention - what is the strange ampersand escaping at the end of
the OnlineResource tag good for, it causes that strange
"...map=/maplist/maplist.map&&" output in the capabilities request!!

Thanks

Martin