[Mapserver-users] Mapserver as WMS server issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 11:39:58 EST 2004

Tomko wrote:

> - PROJ - I am using EPSG 4156 datasets (Czech and Slovak Republic). It
> has empty values in the Proj release coming with the Mapserver download.
> Can I
> a/ simply add the values as stated in the EPSG database (EPSG.org) in
> the epsg file... Is this possible?
>
> Is it possible to download a new version of PROJ from the remotesensing
> website (ok, I did not check if it contains the values, but in
> principle) and just copy it to c>/ as done until now, or do I have to
> install (binary release) or compile it with mapserver???

Tomko,

You can freely update the epsg file yourself.  Any newly added values
(following the pattern you see) should thereafter work as SRS's.  Of
course, that presumes that PROJ.4 can represent the coordinate system you
are working with.  In particular, some Czeck systems use unusual axis
orientations that are somewhat problematic, as well as prime meridian
issues.

> Last WMS related question:
> In the wiki WMS part, it is stated that I should test the capabilities
> of my server with the following statement (I substituted my values)
>
> http://tomko/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/programy/apache/apache2/htdocs/m
> aplist/maplist.map&GetCapabilities
>
> Which of course doesn't lead anywhere. I thing that the query should be
> (a functional one):
>
> http://tomko/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/programy/apache/apache2/htdocs/m
> aplist/maplist.map&request=GetCapabilities
>
> So we should probably correct the part in the wiki.

That's why it is a wiki, so you can fix stuff that's wrong!  Go ahead.

Best regards,