[Mapserver-users] queryfile - strange results

Steve McCrone ms57 at streamyx.com
Thu Mar 4 05:17:00 EST 2004

I'm doing an itemquery and wish to keep the polygon selected highlighted
after further interaction with the map.

In my tempalte file, I use  -

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
     var qfile = ("[queryfile]".substring(0,1) != "[") ? "[queryfile]"  :
"";
</SCRIPT>

And then further down in the body, I use -

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>
   if (qfile) {
    document.write("<input type='hidden' name='queryfile'
value='[queryfile]'>");
   }
</SCRIPT>

Appears logical. However, the string for the full path for the queryfile is
strange. Once I pan the map after selecting the found polygon, I get the
following -

msLoadQuery(): Unable to access file. (C:Inetpubwwwroot
mpDEMO1078391348536.qy)

Notice the wierd string for the location of the *.qy. Further down on my
page, I have simply palced [queryfile], and it displays the correct full
path of the query file -

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\DEMO1078391348536.qy.

Obviously, it cannot access the file C:Inetpubwwwroot
mpDEMO1078391348536.qy, since it makes no sense.

Any ideas?

Thanks