[Mapserver-users] queryfile - strange results

Raw, Jeremy JRaw at ci.durham.nc.us
Thu Mar 4 08:56:08 EST 2004

The difficulty is that the backslash directory separator (standard on
Windows) is also a Javascript "escape" character (standard on not-Windows).
The value [queryfile] is substituted literally into the template and when it
is parsed by Javascript, the slashes get eaten up, regardless of the quoting
you may attempt do in the Javascript (so no amount of Javascript string
replacement will save you).

If it is possible to force the file path to use forward slashes as directory
separators (perhaps by using forward slashes when specifying IMAGEPATH
"C:/inetpub/wwwroot/tmp/") the problem should go away.

Caveat: I've done a fair amount of Javascript but I'm very new to Mapserver;
there may be a better/easier way to force Mapserver to use forward slashes
in the queryfile pathname, or to double the backslashes (e.g.
c:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\tmp\\). If so, I'd be interested in hearing about
it...

---
Jeremy Raw
Transportation Planner