[Mapserver-users] Re: Compiling on Win32

PLAIRE Rory Rory.PLAIRE at Co.Benton.OR.US
Wed Mar 10 13:38:53 EST 2004

>From Sean Gillies:

+| Have you considered the possibility of using a well-supported mapscript
+| interface such as Perl/PHP/Python/Ruby with your .NET framework?

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the input... I'll consider it more over the day, but one of the
primary motivators in moving to C# is not having to train programmers in -
and maintain indefinitely - a widely heterogeneous codebase.

I am not averse to putting in the time... it could be a long-term project
which gets done little by little. Then again, if something already exists,
I'd look at that first!

I'm still stumped
on how to generate mapparser.h... any pointer how to do this would get me

back on track. I'm just coming up short in all documents I read... Has
anyone done this on Win32 (no Cygwin)?

Thanks,
-rory

Rory Plaire