[Mapserver-users] Locating features

Gianluigi Nozza gianluigi.nozza at tiscali.it
Thu Mar 11 04:47:54 EST 2004

Hi all
Believe me, before posting, I have searched the list, and tryed a
lot...unsuccesfully!
I have seen a lot of questions around this theme, but very few "usable"
answers.
I need to implement in an example application, (say Itasca demo) a "locate
feature" capability
(i.e. ask the user for a string/layer to query) and to zoom to the extent of
the feature or features retrived...
sound easy, and this is a common task for every GIS based application; but
since I 'am new to Mapserver etc.
It is really an hard task for me!
Does anyone knows If there are accessible demos showing how to implement
this task ?
I have tryed using itemquery & itemnquery using code posted in previous
discussions  but I cannot get what I want!,
Most of all 90% of time I get  No query layer errors, or no matching
record(s) found error, I don't know even if these are the functions
I need to accomplish the above task.
Since I am not a programmer, I would like preferably to get access to some
working examples,
If you know how to help me please do not hesitate. Thank you everybody in
advance.
A discouraged newbie.