[Mapserver-users] Re: thanks {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Thu Mar 11 10:27:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Pramila R Gawas wrote:

> Hello sir,
> I learned many things from ur responses. thanks for ur immediate response.
> I am running one small application. I have got world.shp file which i am
> trying to display in browser.
> when i  try to display the map i.e
> http://localhost/~user/map=file.map&mode=map, it works  fine.
> but when i tried running it with html file, nothing is displaying in the
> browser.
> I am attaching my html files here. pls reply what could be the error in
> example1.html file.

What is the state of your layers in the map file?
If the status=on you can see the layer only if you add a layer=name
in the url. For example /cgi-bin/mapserv?map=your.map&mode=map&layer=name
If the state=default it should be seen
If the state=off you cannot turn it on.

As far as I see you have different path in the url in your mail.
I have never used mode=map before I always use template mode=browse,
but I've tried both from the url and from a html file and it worked fine.
Try to add http://host/ in the src tag of the img.

Bye
Zoltan