RES: [Mapserver-users] Compiling mapserver 4 with gdal + ogr + wfs suport

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 12 10:04:52 EST 2004

Sandro Danilo Gatti wrote:
> now I get the following :
>
> $  ./configure --with-proj --with-gdal --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-wmsclient --with-wfsclient --with-wsm --with-wfs

> checking whether we should include OGR support...
> checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal.1.1... (cached) no
> configure: warning:         OGR not found in system libs... use --with-ogr=DIR.

You must be using GDAL 1.1.9 or 1.2.0?  The name of the GDAL library has
changed in those versions and we had to change a test in the configure
script.  However this was done only after the 4.0.1 release so the fix
hasn't been released yet.

You can get a new configure for MS 4.0.1 from
   http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/ms-401-configure.tar.gz

Just extract the file and copy it over your configure script, then rerun
configure and you should be fine.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca