[Mapserver-users] Warning 1: TIFFReadDirectory

robert fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Fri Mar 12 12:18:32 EST 2004

Hello,

I have got a error message "Warning 1: TIFFReadDirectory:D:\MS_Data\…\T12.tif: wrong data type 1 for "XMLPacket"; tag ignored" which I did not understand.
I have several TIF images in a image catalogue. Only one image was not shown – I got the error message. I needed more than 2 hourse to crack it – and it was only a chance!

The image catalogue had a wrong entry – one tif did not exists as specified in the catalogue file!  The problem was, that I could not link the error message to the real cause. I hope, that my fault helps others….

Have a nice weekend,
Robert