[Mapserver-users] itemnquery - hilite multiple results on single map {Scanned} {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Fri Mar 12 17:43:42 EST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Richard Greenwood wrote:

> If I do an itemnquery that returns 4 results all 4 results are hilited
> on my map, but I also get 4 maps. My template gets called 4 times. Any
> way to suppress that so that I just get one map (my template gets gets
> called once)?

I had the same headache recently.
If you add TEMPLATE, HEADER and FOOTER to the definition of the queried
layer, the template is evaluated for each found element. So I add the
real template as the HEADER and I add an empty html to TEMPLATE.
HEADER and FOOTER are evaluated only ones.

LAYER xxx

	TEMPLATE "emplty.html"
	HEADER "teh real template"
	FOOTER "empty.html"