[Mapserver-users] Retrieving shape extent - Email found in su bject

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Mon Mar 15 14:19:49 EST 2004

Ryan, Adam wrote:
> Steve et al,
>
> When you write "You can also build images based on query results independent
> of the query map" do you mean that in each template iteration we can build a
> unique image with the [img] tag, or do you mean that in each iteration we
> can re-call mapserver using [shpidx] or some other tag and mode=map?
>
> If the answer is the former, could you please elaborate on how that would be
> accomplished.  I can imagine a result page that includes a little image of
> each result accompanying the attribute data, but I can't see how you'd do
> that without calling mapserver for each result record.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam Ryan

I think that is the default behavior. If you do an itemnquery which
returns 4 records, and your template has an [img] tag, you will get 4
maps (images) - one for each record. The template is processed for each
record found, but it does not require multiple calls to mapserver, or
multiple round trips between the server and the browser.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com