[SPAM] - Re: [Mapserver-users] Retrieving shape extent -Email found in subject

Charles D. Van Dusen charlie at im-design.net
Tue Mar 16 05:40:41 EST 2004

OK now Im confused

In order to retrieve the extent of a shape by its internal index, the
mode setting in the url must be set to 'indexquery'. If desired, the
mode setting can be 'indexquerymap' and a map with the selected shape
highlighted in the default yellow will be returned.

>From what I understand in the tutorials, a mode of 'map' will stream the
image directly back to the browser while a mode of 'browse' will write
the map image to disk where it can be retrieved with the [img] tag in a
template. What I have heard in this thread is that using the
'indexquery' mode will return the extent of the shape to the [shpext]
tag in the template and will write the map image to disk and its url to
[img] in the template. When I use 'indexquery' as the mode, I do not see
any images being written to the temp directory on disk.

It is as if there should be an 'indexquerybrowse' mode. Is there?

Confused...

Charlie

Charlie Van Dusen
charlie at im-design.net