[Mapserver-users] running in cgi-bin

Saurabh Data sd at dil.in
Tue Mar 16 14:58:57 EST 2004

Dear readers,

hi, I am running my mapserv file from a cgi-bin directory on apacahe server.
But when I try to access it online through internet explorer, it downloads
the file rahter than running. As per the documentation I think I should
expect the output to be :

"No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty."

why does it download it ? I think it might be something to do with
permisission . It so can someone tell me the permission set for this file. I
currently have :

-rwxr-xr--    1 ctzsd1   ctz        398342 Mar 16 06:48 mapserv

any ideas ?

cheers

Saurabh

Saurabh Data
School of Computing
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
U.K.

one who seeketh , will findeth and all door shall open - james Allen