[Mapserver-users] Can't display layer w/ php/mapscript

Wheaton, William D. wdw at rti.org
Tue Mar 16 15:09:45 EST 2004

This is probably something pretty simple (I hope).  I'm just trying to
create a class and style using php/mapscript rather than relying on the map
file...Eventually, I need to generate 60 classes and so I want to do it with
some code rather than putting all that in a .map file.  But, I can't get
over the very first hurdle.  I have a class and style in the map file, but I
want to either eliminate it or just override it in the script.

Here's the relevent part of the map file:
LAYER
     PROJECTION
         "proj=latlong"
         "ellps=clrk66"
      END
      CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
      NAME "Respondents"
      GROUP "Base Data"
      CONNECTION "user=xxx dbname=xxx  password=xxxx"
      DATA "the_geom from resp"
      STATUS ON
      TYPE POINT
      METADATA
            LYRNAME "Respondents"
      END
  CLASS
         STYLE
		       COLOR -1 -1 -1
		 END
   END
END

And here's the code from the script:
             $layer = $map->getlayerbyname('Respondents');
	       $class = ms_newClassObj($layer);
	       $style = ms_newStyleObj($class);
	       $style->set("symbolname", "field_interviewer");
	       $style->set("size", 4);
	       $style->color->setRGB(0, 255, 0);
	       $class->set("status", "MS_ON");
             $layer->set("status", MS_ON);
             $image=$map->draw();
             $image_url=$image->saveWebImage(MS_PNG,1,1,0);

Other layers (that are in the map file, but that aren't handled in
php/mapscript) show up, but this one doesn't.  Thanks in advance for any
advice!

Bill