[Mapserver-users] antialiased lines and polygons

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Mar 16 16:38:34 EST 2004

GD's support for antialiasing (last I checked) is for lines only, and
single width solid lines at that. MapServer does support the use of them
but only under certain circumstances. Basically anyplace you use a
single pixel solid line- line drawing, point symbol rendering (I think)
and polygon outlines. There is no support for anti-aliased brushes (e.g.
using symbol 'circle'). In general I've been disappointed with the GD
antialiasing. It's pretty limiting and is noticably slower. To enable at
'ANTIALIAS TRUE' to your STYLEs (inside a CLASS).

Steve

>>> "John Hagstrand" <john.hagstrand at interageresearch.com> 3/16/2004
2:03:44 PM >>>
Hi,
The latest version of GD can do antialiased lines and polygons.  Can we
do
that from MapServer as well?
Thanks
John Hagstrand