[Mapserver-users] Been trying all afternoon . . .

Bob Basques bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Mar 18 18:01:41 EST 2004

All,

Ok, I've been trying to get this working all afternoon.

Trying to generate a PNG from a TILEINDEX of tiled PNG's (8bit I think
with Alpha transparency)

As far as I can tell, the Tile indexes are fine, this same general
format (except for the OUTPUTFORMAT chunk works just fine for JPEG's)

Right now I get an image that is all Light green, it's popping out as a
PNG as well, so the mime type is right

The images that MapServer should be reading from are like this:

http://pwultra5.ci.stpaul.mn.us/cp_tiles/2002_property/L1T/570000_160000_1000_12_2002_SAINT_PAUL.PNG

I created these with GD (for the transparent backgrounds), so they
should be readable by MapServer.  I did try the GDAL/PNG with no
success, I'm wondering if I still don't have the MINSCALE/MAXSCALE thing
correct, to test this I commented them all out and left only one LAYER
uncommented to see if anything would be output, still nothing, it must
be a format thing, right?

Here is the MapFile at this point:

#
# Start of map file
#
MAP
  NAME PROPERTY
  STATUS ON
  SIZE 600 600
  EXTENT 540000 135000 600000 175000
  UNITS FEET
  SHAPEPATH "./data"
  ##IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

  FORMAT png24

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME png24
    DRIVER "GD/PNG"
    IMAGEMODE RGBA
    MIMETYPE "image/png;depth=24"
  END

  ##IMAGETYPE PNG

  LAYER
    NAME "L3"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TILEINDEX "RAST_STPL_PW_PRO_GIS_2002_06_L3T"
    TILEITEM "Location"
    TYPE RASTER
    GROUP "PROPERTY"
    MINSCALE 4001
  ##  MAXSCALE 8000
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "L2"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TILEINDEX "RAST_STPL_PW_PRO_GIS_2002_06_L2T"
    TILEITEM "Location"
    TYPE RASTER
    GROUP "PROPERTY"
    MINSCALE 2001
    MAXSCALE 4000
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "L1"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TILEINDEX "RAST_STPL_PW_PRO_GIS_2002_06_L1T"
    TILEITEM "Location"
    TYPE RASTER
    GROUP "PROPERTY"
    MINSCALE 1001
    MAXSCALE 2000
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "L0"
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TILEINDEX "RAST_STPL_PW_PRO_GIS_2002_06_L0T"
    TILEITEM "Location"
    TYPE RASTER
    GROUP "PROPERTY"
    ##MINSCALE 501