[Mapserver-users] PHP MapScript on Mac OS X?

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Thu Mar 18 21:41:29 EST 2004

Gary,

In fact, it has been possible to use loadable libraries with php since
version 10.1 of OS X. I've been running mapscript on 10.1 - 10.3.3 so
rest assured that it will work.

There's a lot of confusion on this dl issue because the apple dev site
has an old article that incorrectly suggests it's not possible. The
only wrinkle is that the library needs to be built as a 'bundle' for OS
X so the linker flags are different than for most other unix platforms.
This issue has been addressed in mapserver's configure script since
last year so it builds 'out of the box'.

You can read more about bundles here:

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/osx/programming.html

zak
--