[Mapserver-users] Pop-up Query Window? Mapserver Newbie

BONNER S KARGER bskarger at students.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 19 12:50:25 EST 2004

Hello list users,

I have a simple mapserver running. It is basically a modified version of the Mapserver "demo" that I downloaded from the web. In query mode, users can click on point features (msQueryByPoint()), and get info pulled from the shapefile dbf. This all comes up in a new window, specified in the .map file after "TEMPLATE" in the "CLASS" object.
Instead of a new full-size window, I want the query results to pop up on top of the map, in a smaller window (about 300 x 200 pixels), so that the user can still partially see the map. How can I do this? I figured Javascript would work, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks much
Bonner